1. Have strong organization and follow-up skills to meet all deadlines and
2. Able to interact with and develop good relationships with clients.
3. Able to work cooperatively with other staff members.
4. Able to work with minimum direction.
5. Demonstrate a working knowledge of tax law and accounting principles.
6. Be proficient in the English language and have the ability to read, analyze and
interpret general business documentation and write routine business correspondence.
7. Be proficient in Quickbooks Desktop, QuickBooks Online, Excel, Word and use of
Tax Preparation Responsibilities
1. Interview tax clients if assigned this responsibility. Be prepared to answer client
questions regarding tax law.
2. Review information received from clients for accuracy and completeness.
3. Prepare individual and corporate returns by entering data into ProSystem fx Tax
4. Review individual and corporate returns for accuracy and adherence to tax law.
5. Prepare quarterly estimated tax payments and extension payments.
6. Prepare response to correspondence from federal and California tax authorities.
7. Answer client questions regarding completed returns.
8. Prepare working papers for individual and corporate returns.
General Accounting Responsibilities
1. Review and analyze Quickbooks general ledgers and financial statements for business
2. Prepare adjusting journal entries needed to client prepared Quickbooks. Be able to
prepare adjusting entries for depreciation, income tax provision, and prepaid
expenses. Be able to recognize and correct client posting errors. Prepare bank
reconciliations if needed.
3. Organize and prepare working papers to back up balances in client Quickbooks and
adjusting journal entries.
4. Have a working knowledge of payroll and sales taxes and their application to income
If interested, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.